Remove (blank) from pivot table

Anonymous
2011-02-25T12:16:56+00:00

Hi,

My source data has empty cells.  When I PT this data - the PT shows "(blank)" for the empty cells.  How can I keep the cells "empty" in the PT.  I do not want to manually filter and uncheck (blank) as this removes other data which is needed.

TIA,

PS

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-02-25T14:15:06+00:00

Excel 2007/2010 PivotTable

Show blank cell instead of (blank)

in RowField/ColumnField item labels.

http://c3017412.r12.cf0.rackcdn.com/01_23_11.xlsx

If you get *.zip, don't unzip, just rename *.xlsx

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-01T10:41:58+00:00

    Hi Herbert and All, 

    Can you please specify how to Show blank cell instead of (blank) ?

    Even with your answer i'm enable to find the option ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-26T21:31:03+00:00

    Raise your hand if you wanted a cryptic solution. What is Herbert trying to communicate? I don't understand this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-06T21:03:10+00:00

    Can someone please supply a screenshot of the solution Herbert Seidenberg has suggested (Show blank cell instead of (blank) in RowField/ColumnField item labels.)? I cannot find this anywhere choice anywhere in the Field Settings. I am at a total loss to figure out these instructions. Even looking at the attached spreadsheet, I still have no clue.

    Thanks!

    Bruce

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-27T20:34:05+00:00

    So very helpful...thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments