Remove (blank) from pivot table

Anonymous
2011-02-25T12:16:56+00:00

Hi,

My source data has empty cells.  When I PT this data - the PT shows "(blank)" for the empty cells.  How can I keep the cells "empty" in the PT.  I do not want to manually filter and uncheck (blank) as this removes other data which is needed.

TIA,

PS

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-02-25T14:15:06+00:00

Excel 2007/2010 PivotTable

Show blank cell instead of (blank)

in RowField/ColumnField item labels.

http://c3017412.r12.cf0.rackcdn.com/01_23_11.xlsx

If you get *.zip, don't unzip, just rename *.xlsx

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-18T18:12:15+00:00

    This may not be a fix for Excel 2013, yet might solely be with my attempt on a Win7 computer w/o admin rights...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T16:37:54+00:00

    Right-click in your PT

    Go to Filter > Label Filters

    Select "does not equal" from the dropdown

    Click OK

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-19T17:08:35+00:00

    how does this help?  It still shows this in the pivot charts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-15T07:15:10+00:00

    Hi ,

    I had the same issue with "blank' coming in the pivot table. I went back to the original sheet and removed some vertically merged cells which contained labels Like "sample" (it needed only one cell). After refreshing in the pivot table sheet, the blank was gone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments