Remove (blank) from pivot table

Anonymous
2011-02-25T12:16:56+00:00

Hi,

My source data has empty cells.  When I PT this data - the PT shows "(blank)" for the empty cells.  How can I keep the cells "empty" in the PT.  I do not want to manually filter and uncheck (blank) as this removes other data which is needed.

TIA,

PS

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-02-25T14:15:06+00:00

Excel 2007/2010 PivotTable

Show blank cell instead of (blank)

in RowField/ColumnField item labels.

http://c3017412.r12.cf0.rackcdn.com/01_23_11.xlsx

If you get *.zip, don't unzip, just rename *.xlsx

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-02-12T22:27:27+00:00

    And almost a year later, another amazed and happy PT user...what a great little workaround. (And where is it that you can set an option to ignore 'blanks'? I know I've seen it somewhere...) Any way, thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-08-03T19:27:23+00:00

    Looking at your example has prompted me to ask how is it possible to have 2 pivot tables on the same sheet using the same source data.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-03T15:54:00+00:00

    I've been frustrated with this for years.  Thanks for the demo.  That's just what I've been needing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-02-25T14:32:17+00:00

    Thank you Sir, this is exactly what I need and it has resolved my issue.  The file you provided was also very useful.

    Kind regards,

    Pete

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments