Remove (blank) from pivot table

Anonymous
2011-02-25T12:16:56+00:00

Hi,

My source data has empty cells.  When I PT this data - the PT shows "(blank)" for the empty cells.  How can I keep the cells "empty" in the PT.  I do not want to manually filter and uncheck (blank) as this removes other data which is needed.

TIA,

PS

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-02-25T14:15:06+00:00

Excel 2007/2010 PivotTable

Show blank cell instead of (blank)

in RowField/ColumnField item labels.

http://c3017412.r12.cf0.rackcdn.com/01_23_11.xlsx

If you get *.zip, don't unzip, just rename *.xlsx

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-29T11:22:28+00:00

    Format your data as table. and select only the contents of the table for pivot chart. Once you update/add colums the data will be automatically updated in pivot table also.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-08T18:08:38+00:00

    Thanks Herbert. At first I thought your funny link was spam, but I tried it and it solved the issue for me too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-30T01:54:44+00:00

    MikeCramer,

    Great solution! The conditional formatting triple semicolon trick totally worked and doesn't require any data editing. I also never liked using the "format font color to match the background" trick. That does work but is a bit messy. The adding of an apostrophe edits the data which is never good.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ashish Mathur 102.4K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2013-10-24T22:46:15+00:00

    You are welcome.  If my reply helped, please mark it as Answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments