Remove (blank) from pivot table

Anonymous
2011-02-25T12:16:56+00:00

Hi,

My source data has empty cells.  When I PT this data - the PT shows "(blank)" for the empty cells.  How can I keep the cells "empty" in the PT.  I do not want to manually filter and uncheck (blank) as this removes other data which is needed.

TIA,

PS

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-02-25T14:15:06+00:00

Excel 2007/2010 PivotTable

Show blank cell instead of (blank)

in RowField/ColumnField item labels.

http://c3017412.r12.cf0.rackcdn.com/01_23_11.xlsx

If you get *.zip, don't unzip, just rename *.xlsx

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-27T20:34:05+00:00

    So very helpful...thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-10-01T04:37:52+00:00

    that's more like it!!!! Thank you very much!!! it's there but it's white... works better where you have data in the initial table that can't be changed with the precious method (example data from ODBC Query from Mysql)...

    Thanks again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ashish Mathur 102.4K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2012-08-06T02:09:00+00:00

    If there is an external data connection, my method will not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-08-05T15:16:41+00:00

    All--when I use the method outlined above my pivot table displays the literal ' instead of an empty cell.

    Also, this is a dynamic sheet that is connected to outside data. When there is a data refresh what will happen?

    Thanks!

    I'm using Version 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments