Project 2010 Timescale Error.

Anonymous
2011-09-14T14:46:00+00:00

I have a sample project which has very short tasks(1-2 minutes).  If I set the timescale options to display minutes with a count of 1, the Gantt chart frequently displays incorrectly.  The Gantt chart show tasks starting 1 minute before the start of working time (Standard Calendar), the timescale count is variable (2 or occasionally 3 minutes) and the Gantt bars do not display correctly, either with the wrong duration or just a short vertical line.  Is this a know bug?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T08:05:32+00:00

Hi Mike,

Sorry but I fail to see what a re-post could do after 40 replies and the finding that yes, I can reproduce the error and that it has been carried forward to the product team :-(

Greetings,

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-14T17:27:25+00:00

    Hi,

    I just tried your problems and could not reproduce any. I do have SP1 installed, have you?

    Greetings,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-15T12:06:50+00:00

    Yes, SP1 is installed (32 bit version).

    I have tried this on a number of PCs and laptops, running under both Windows 7 and XP.  All behave the same way.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. John Project 49,720 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2011-09-15T15:53:00+00:00

    Greg_M,

    This is not a bug and it is not related to the SP1 update. I cannot duplicate your problem either and I do not have SP1 installed.

    What are the other parameters you have set in the Timescale window (e.g. label, align, etc.)?

    What are your settings under File/Options/Schedule (e.g. default start, default finish)?

    Are all your tasks set up as-soon-as-possible (i.e. no constraints)?

    Does it occur in every file you create or just this one?

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-09-16T11:17:29+00:00

    Timescale settings are One tier, Units Minutes, Count 1,  Default labels (time) and alignment.

    Tasks are Auto scheduled, ASAP. Standard Calendar.  No constraints

    This occurs with any new file.

    I would post a screen shot here if I could!

    I have just created a new file, added a few task of durations of 1, 2 and 3 minutes, with these setting and the Timescale is showing

    ¦ 08:00 ¦ 08:01 ¦ 08:03 ¦ 08:04 ¦ 08:05 ¦ 08:07 ¦ 08:08 ¦.....

    This then effects the length of the displayed task bar.

    The effect particularly seems to kick in as the relationship between task are set.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments