Project 2010 Timescale Error.

Anonymous
2011-09-14T14:46:00+00:00

I have a sample project which has very short tasks(1-2 minutes).  If I set the timescale options to display minutes with a count of 1, the Gantt chart frequently displays incorrectly.  The Gantt chart show tasks starting 1 minute before the start of working time (Standard Calendar), the timescale count is variable (2 or occasionally 3 minutes) and the Gantt bars do not display correctly, either with the wrong duration or just a short vertical line.  Is this a know bug?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T08:05:32+00:00

Hi Mike,

Sorry but I fail to see what a re-post could do after 40 replies and the finding that yes, I can reproduce the error and that it has been carried forward to the product team :-(

Greetings,

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. John Project 49,720 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2011-09-20T15:11:58+00:00

    Greg,

    My browser says you posted "file resent" 7 hours ago. Unless the internet is extremely slow today I assume I would have received your file by now, but still nothing.

    For whatever reason a few people have trouble deciphering my e-mail address. Look at it carefully and make sure you are sending to the right place. Take note that it is not a dot com or dot net address.

    And one more thing, the 7th character in my e-mail is an alpha, not a numeric.

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-20T07:32:51+00:00

    File resent

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. John Project 49,720 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2011-09-19T22:21:36+00:00

    Greg,

    If you think you sent the file this morning, I haven't received it yet. Are you sure you got my address correct?

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-09-19T14:02:26+00:00

    Sample file now sent via email

    I don’t believe this is an installation issue as it happens at my clients site as well as on my own PCs.

    I have been using this file as a demonstration/training exercise since version 4.1 with no issues before.

    Many thanks for your help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments