Project 2010 Timescale Error.

Anonymous
2011-09-14T14:46:00+00:00

I have a sample project which has very short tasks(1-2 minutes).  If I set the timescale options to display minutes with a count of 1, the Gantt chart frequently displays incorrectly.  The Gantt chart show tasks starting 1 minute before the start of working time (Standard Calendar), the timescale count is variable (2 or occasionally 3 minutes) and the Gantt bars do not display correctly, either with the wrong duration or just a short vertical line.  Is this a know bug?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T08:05:32+00:00

Hi Mike,

Sorry but I fail to see what a re-post could do after 40 replies and the finding that yes, I can reproduce the error and that it has been carried forward to the product team :-(

Greetings,

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-26T13:31:01+00:00

    Thank you Jan. You're right. I've just seen the gif. Project displays some minutes as Count:2 but it is set to Count:1 in Timescale dialog box. Is that right ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-26T10:58:48+00:00

    Hi,

    Ismet: this is not a matter of his global since I can reproduce the error in my installation.

    I'lll send a gif file

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-09-26T10:29:07+00:00

    Hello Greg,

    What happens when you switch to a Tracking Gantt View or change the font for the tier ?

    Could you please send me a snapshot of corrupt timescale ?

    Regards,

    Ismet

    ikocaman.pm[at]gmail.com

    Adding another one - deleting the Gantt Chart view in the Organizer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-09-26T09:06:58+00:00

    Hi All

    Thanks for all the messages here.  It does look as though we have a real issue going on.

    I am not convinced the problem is an installation issue as my clients (a utility company) are using Win XP SP3 and Project 2010 Standard.  I am running Windows 7 with Project 2010 Professional (all service packs and updates installed). It would be unlikely to therefore occur in both of these very different environments.

    If anyone has not been able to create the problem, can I suggest that you try to create the file again, or something similar (following the instructions as listed before), but do it in several new files.  The Timescale error sometimes occurs only after a couple of attempts, but once it does occur it is then consistent. 

    Changing the Timescale size to 80% does seem to temporarily correct the display, so are we lookings at a screen size/resolution issue here??

    Thanks

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments