Project 2010 Timescale Error.

Anonymous
2011-09-14T14:46:00+00:00

I have a sample project which has very short tasks(1-2 minutes).  If I set the timescale options to display minutes with a count of 1, the Gantt chart frequently displays incorrectly.  The Gantt chart show tasks starting 1 minute before the start of working time (Standard Calendar), the timescale count is variable (2 or occasionally 3 minutes) and the Gantt bars do not display correctly, either with the wrong duration or just a short vertical line.  Is this a know bug?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T08:05:32+00:00

Hi Mike,

Sorry but I fail to see what a re-post could do after 40 replies and the finding that yes, I can reproduce the error and that it has been carried forward to the product team :-(

Greetings,

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-27T15:12:56+00:00

    I've tried a lot of different things but I couldn't reproduce the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-27T15:12:42+00:00

    Hi John

    I have now tried 'safe mode' and running my monitor at 800x600 resolution,b ut still get the Timescale error.

    Do Microsoft monitor this forum or is there a way to pass this disussion thread on to the Project Development team?  I think it is important that they are aware of the issues here.

    Thanks

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. John Project 49,720 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2011-09-26T16:22:57+00:00

    Greg,

    No luck. Based on Jan's being able to reproduce the problem under Windows XP and Project 2010 I tried several new little test files similar to your "tea party". I included several configurations of inter-task links, duration spans from 1/2 minute to several minutes, and links on summary lines, which is not recommended. In all cases the timescale held fast with no gaps in the displayed minutes.

    I'm anxious to hear if Ismet can reproduce the problem.

    Jan indicates this is not an issue of a bad Global and I would have to agree since you reinstalled Project 2010 and still have the problem, that is assuming you stuck with the default Global after the reinstall.

    You indicate it may take several "tries" to make the condition occur but once it does, the problem stays. That sure points to something getting corrupted.

    It has also been suggested that this may be related to screen size and indeed that may make sense if the graphics rendering engine has an issue or perhaps the PC video memory is overtaxed. These scenarios are of course well beyond the scope of this forum.

    At this point I'm not sure what I can do other than to monitor this thread to see if Jan, Ismet, yourself,  or perhaps some new contributor comes up with the illusive "ah ha" moment.

    Sorry I couldn't bee of more assistance.

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-09-26T15:03:52+00:00

    I have just tried reinstalling Project 2010 Professional (Windows 7).

    The timescale error still occurs with the existing file and any new files I create

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments