Project 2010 Timescale Error.

Anonymous
2011-09-14T14:46:00+00:00

I have a sample project which has very short tasks(1-2 minutes).  If I set the timescale options to display minutes with a count of 1, the Gantt chart frequently displays incorrectly.  The Gantt chart show tasks starting 1 minute before the start of working time (Standard Calendar), the timescale count is variable (2 or occasionally 3 minutes) and the Gantt bars do not display correctly, either with the wrong duration or just a short vertical line.  Is this a know bug?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T08:05:32+00:00

Hi Mike,

Sorry but I fail to see what a re-post could do after 40 replies and the finding that yes, I can reproduce the error and that it has been carried forward to the product team :-(

Greetings,

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-20T07:32:51+00:00

    File resent

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. John Project 49,720 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2011-09-19T22:21:36+00:00

    Greg,

    If you think you sent the file this morning, I haven't received it yet. Are you sure you got my address correct?

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-09-19T14:02:26+00:00

    Sample file now sent via email

    I don’t believe this is an installation issue as it happens at my clients site as well as on my own PCs.

    I have been using this file as a demonstration/training exercise since version 4.1 with no issues before.

    Many thanks for your help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. John Project 49,720 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2011-09-16T16:35:47+00:00

    Greg,

    Sorry, I can't duplicate your issue. The only difference between your timescale settings and mine is that when I use the default label for time it includes the AM or PM. Now, either you left that out for brevity or there is something amiss already with your installation of Project. Does the problem still occur if you use two or three tiers in the timescale?

    I do believe you are seeing something weird so posting a screen shot won't really help. Just to try something, could you send me a sample file that displays the problem. My address is below. I will ask some questions.

    John

    jensenljatatfastmaildotdotfm

    (remove obvious redundancies)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments