OneNote Linked Notes Window is docking on top of screen not the side

Anonymous
2010-07-15T14:25:16+00:00

Somehow,.... I don't know how, my "linked Notes" window has started to dock on top of my screen.  It cannot be moved, sized, or otherwise adjusted.  I've checked the "dock new sidenotes to the side of the desktop" in the options.  I've seen a few other people mention this problem of locating the docking window, but so far no answers.

Thanks for the help

OneNote 2010

Windows 7

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-03T23:50:01+00:00

I had the same problem. Dragging the top bar to the right side of the screen while it's docked does the trick. It doesn't look like you are dragging it when you are doing it, but when you release it at the side of the screen, OneNote readjusts to a right-side docked position.

Was this answer helpful?

600+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-20T20:40:34+00:00

    Ah my split screen has been stuck the wrong way for ages. THANK YOU!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments