Error in loading dll in access 2007

Anonymous
2010-06-23T22:36:17+00:00

Hi, when trying to run a wizard or a relationship report in access 2007 I get the error message:

"Error in loading dll"

I have tried the tips people have suggested before, registering the DAO libraries and reinstalling MDAC. But that didn't work. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I am running Access 2007 on Windows 7 64 Bit. (Could the 64 bit have anything to do with it?)

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-07T15:30:49+00:00

I had the exact problem with access and a Microsoft tech took over my machine and put in

this registry key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib{00025E01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\5.0\0\win32]

@=hex(2):25,00,43,00,6f,00,6d,00,6d,00,6f,00,6e,00,50,00,72,00,6f,00,67,00,72, 00,61,00,6d,00,46,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,73,00,25,00,5c,00,4d,00,69,00,63,00, 72,00,6f,00,73,00,6f,00,66,00,74,00,20,00,53,00,68,00,61,00,72,00,65,00,64, 00,5c,00,44,00,41,00,4f,00,5c,00,64,00,61,00,6f,00,33,00,36,00,30,00,2e,00, 64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00

just cut and paste the key into notepad and save it to your desktop as win32key.reg then double click it and it will enter in the registry

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-23T23:03:40+00:00

    Thanks worked for me!!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-03T21:05:44+00:00

    The .reg file didn't work for me but I found that the hex stuff is just unicode text. Found a little translator online and found that this key is pointing to the dao360.dll. To make this fix work I used regedit, created the keys  [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib{00025E01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\5.0\0\win32] then added the value data C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\dao360.dll to the default (you'll need to find the appropriate path for dao360.dll on your install). Now the wizard works fine!

    Thanks MartyD3 for your post, never would have figured this out otherwise!

    I tried both the other keys and no good... please explain your installation more... add to where? find the path?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-05-30T05:36:12+00:00

    Thank you very much, worked for me as soon as I remember to include the first line (Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00) to the reg file.

    The odd thing is I have imported without issue in the past, just recently a bunch of cvs files, and didn't have any problem. Why would this key disappear suddenly? I haven't uninstalled any apps or un registered any libraries I can think of.

    Do I need to keep the reg scrap for future, or should it not occur again?

    Cheers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-12T11:50:44+00:00

    Always surprised when a solution works out, but ehis one did.  Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments