How to fix: “cannot get mail: the connection to the server failed”?

Anonymous
2025-07-10T07:06:27+00:00

How to fix: “cannot get mail: the connection to the server failed”?

I tried everything, literally! And still nothing helped! I am having this issue on my Mail app and outlook app and on every browser!!! Please help me!!!!!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T09:30:52+00:00

    This is happening to me too. I’ve tired everything; resetting passwords, logging in via different platforms and aps, clearing cooking and cache, and still nothing! I feel like I’m going mad trying everything I can think of to fix it..

    I’ve been trying for hours!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-07-10T07:23:32+00:00

    Hi Alia,

    Yes it is a problem with the server. Certain accounts are affected only. KIndly wait for some time and I believe it should work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T07:21:38+00:00

    Is there a problem with the server?

    I have other emails and they are working fine, that’s why I’m freaking out!!! The only problem is with my main account!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-07-10T07:07:13+00:00

    Hi,

    Check after 15 minutes. It should work after that.

    Microsoft service health status

    User impact: Users may be unable to access their mailbox using any connection methods. More info: Impacted connection methods include, but may not be limited to: - Outlook.com - Outlook Mobile - Outlook desktop client

    Current status: Our deployment of the fix is progressing quicker than anticipated and we expect impact to gradually mitigate as it progresses.

    We believe the issue will be resolved by our next update time.

    Start time: Wednesday, July 9, 2025, at 10:20 PM UTC

    Next update by: Thursday, July 10, 2025, at 10:30 AM UTC

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments