How to fix: “cannot get mail: the connection to the server failed”?

Anonymous
2025-07-10T07:06:27+00:00

How to fix: “cannot get mail: the connection to the server failed”?

I tried everything, literally! And still nothing helped! I am having this issue on my Mail app and outlook app and on every browser!!! Please help me!!!!!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T15:21:02+00:00

    Does anyone know when the server will be back up & running. I have been waiting since yesterday & still can't get into my email. This is a nightmare. Of course Microsoft won't ever let you speak to a real person. What are we all to do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T15:19:23+00:00

    I’m having the same problem & it started today, I noticed this morning, it came up with log into your outlook account which it does every now & again so i did not think anything of it, but didn’t work & I noticed the last email that came through was 8am, & then after trying a few times I’ve lost everything, all my older emails, flagged emails ect.. this is my Mail account on my iPhone so I went onto my outlook app, still nothing, & I went onto google to log on & cannot get it to work. I’ve re-started my phone, checked for updates ect, But my husband who all has all his emails on outlook, work & private his is all fine. I have been panicking thinking I’ve been hacked but is there a problem with outlook? & if so can they tell us what is going on & when roughly do they think this will be sorted???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T15:16:45+00:00

    Hi,

    Check after 15 minutes. It should work after that.

    Microsoft service health status

    User impact: Users may be unable to access their mailbox using any connection methods. More info: Impacted connection methods include, but may not be limited to: - Outlook.com - Outlook Mobile - Outlook desktop client

    Current status: Our deployment of the fix is progressing quicker than anticipated and we expect impact to gradually mitigate as it progresses.

    We believe the issue will be resolved by our next update time.

    Start time: Wednesday, July 9, 2025, at 10:20 PM UTC

    Next update by: Thursday, July 10, 2025, at 10:30 AM UTC

    I live in California. Shouldn't the fix have worked by now? I can't use Outlook at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T15:14:52+00:00

    When I try to refresh it says updated on Saturday.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T15:04:35+00:00

    I am still waiting… not working

    Hoping it’s resolved soon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments