Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Toggled, filled out required paperwork, still doesn't switch.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
switch back to classic outlook
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Toggled, filled out required paperwork, still doesn't switch.
Hello Steven Macklin,
Could you verify with the admin user in your organization to check if the user if the classic outlook application is still allowed to be uninstalled on the affected device.
The admin can verify this in theMicrosoft 365 Apps admin center to see if the classic outlook is still enabled and enable the classic outlook.
Deployment overview for the new Outlook for Windows - Microsoft 365 Apps | Microsoft Learn
If the issue persist it is recommended to directly contact Microsoft support to help investigate the from backend resources.
For this standard process, the global admin can use the steps outlined in the following article to open a support ticket: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn
Important Note: If an organization's Office 365 Business/Enterprise/Education subscription is purchased from a partner or reseller on other channels, and if the global admin is unable to open the service request from their own end, you may need to contact the reseller's support provider so they can help the global admin open the service request from on the organization behalf. The Office 365 support team can participate in the service request.
I really appreciate your precious time and your kind cooperation. I look forward to receiving your next updates.
I have several email accounts. Only my outlook.com and google.com email accounts worked with the "new outlook" while the others failed to connect. The Error Message stated flawed credentials despite entering the correct AND VERIFIED data. Upon switching back to "Outlook Classic" ALL email accounts worked flawlessly.
I solved the problem on my PC by deleting the new Outlook then rebooting and reinstalling the classic Outlook.
Same for me. No Classic Outlook in registry and when I do the toggle thing it implies that it will switch, but it never does. I'm learning to recreate a similar screen to what I had in the "old" Outlook.