switch back to classic outlook

Anonymous
2025-02-07T23:23:30+00:00

switch back to classic outlook

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-13T15:26:10+00:00

    Unfortunately, that option doesn't work. It just closes Outlook and when I restart it is right back to the new version. It seems that someone doesn't want us to go back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-13T13:54:00+00:00

    I can't find this entry in the registry - either by navigating or searching. Still forcing me to new Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-12T07:22:26+00:00

    Hello Steven Macklin,

    Good day to you! 

    I hope you are doing well.

    We haven't heard back from you on this issue. I'd like to follow up and check if the provided information were helpful on this issue. You can vote for these replies help other users who are searching for the same information to find them easily in the community.

    Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T08:11:31+00:00

    Hello Steven Macklin,

    Thank you for the reply,

    You can verify if there is any entry for UseNewOutlook set it to 0

    1. Launch classic Outlook from the Windows Start Menu (look for the icon without the "New" tag).
    2. Open the Registry Editor by typing "Registry Editor" in the Start Menu search and selecting the app.
    3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Preferences.
    4. Double-click on "UseNewOutlook" and set the Value Data field to 0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T18:43:03+00:00

    Outlook dropped from my PC (Windows 11) when I installed the classic it worked once. When I tried to reopen from the start menu after a reboot, it reverted to trying to open the new outlook which terminated the installation when my email client Earthlink IMAP was unable to provide the type of password it needed to establish the email account within outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments