switch back to classic outlook

Anonymous
2025-02-07T23:23:30+00:00

switch back to classic outlook

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-07-18T16:24:59+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-18T15:18:07+00:00

    I have never hated anything more than the new outlook - I don't have the toggle and can't figure out how to get the classic back?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-03T19:39:04+00:00

    Try uninstalling the new Outlook from Installed Apps in Windows 11 Settings.

    If you still can't access the classic Outlook, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/you-can-t-open-classic-outlook-on-a-new-windows-pc-5c94902b-31a5-4274-abb0-b07f4661edf5.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-03T18:28:58+00:00

    This doesn't revert back to classic outlook. It asks why you want to change and then closes down outlook. There's no option to revert back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-03-29T18:02:26+00:00

    As far as I can tell, there is no way to switch back. I’ve read all the blogs. I’ve read all the hints and the clues and the instructions and none of it works. I feel like they’re gaslighting us. Even trying to log onto this thread so I could answer was a chore. They sent me to the authenticator app four or five times before it finally let me login. I’m pretty much done.

    You can uninstall the new Outlook through Windows Settings.

    If you need to (re-)install the classic version, two ways to download it are described in the article at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/you-can-t-open-classic-outlook-on-a-new-windows-pc-5c94902b-31a5-4274-abb0-b07f4661edf5.

    Note that questions regarding the authenticator app is beyond the scope of this forum. You should try the Q&A forum instead; go to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/tags/122/microsoft-authenticator.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments