switch back to classic outlook

Anonymous
2025-02-07T23:23:30+00:00

switch back to classic outlook

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-03T18:28:58+00:00

    This doesn't revert back to classic outlook. It asks why you want to change and then closes down outlook. There's no option to revert back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-03-29T18:02:26+00:00

    As far as I can tell, there is no way to switch back. I’ve read all the blogs. I’ve read all the hints and the clues and the instructions and none of it works. I feel like they’re gaslighting us. Even trying to log onto this thread so I could answer was a chore. They sent me to the authenticator app four or five times before it finally let me login. I’m pretty much done.

    You can uninstall the new Outlook through Windows Settings.

    If you need to (re-)install the classic version, two ways to download it are described in the article at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/you-can-t-open-classic-outlook-on-a-new-windows-pc-5c94902b-31a5-4274-abb0-b07f4661edf5.

    Note that questions regarding the authenticator app is beyond the scope of this forum. You should try the Q&A forum instead; go to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/tags/122/microsoft-authenticator.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-29T16:24:38+00:00

    As far as I can tell, there is no way to switch back. I’ve read all the blogs. I’ve read all the hints and the clues and the instructions and none of it works. I feel like they’re gaslighting us. Even trying to log onto this thread so I could answer was a chore. They sent me to the authenticator app four or five times before it finally let me login. I’m pretty much done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-28T11:16:25+00:00

    A new update was pushed through last night and I lost a couple mailboxes in Outlook. I have the 'new' Outlook. Trying to add the mailboxes has been unsuccessful. I was advised to load the 'old' Outlook. I am unable to do so. Following the directions to switch back to classic outlook I find there is no toggle switch. I have been unable to view any replies to others that have stated the same issue. I need to add Mailboxes to the 'new' Outlook - please advise how to do this. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-03-20T22:16:29+00:00

    Thanks.

    I've installed classic using the instructions above & it works fine....

    Thanks for your help

    You are welcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments