switch back to classic outlook

Anonymous
2025-02-07T23:23:30+00:00

switch back to classic outlook

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T09:58:27+00:00

    I have several email accounts. Only my outlook.com and google.com email accounts worked with the "new outlook" while the others failed to connect. The Error Message stated flawed credentials despite entering the correct AND VERIFIED data. Upon switching back to "Outlook Classic" ALL email accounts worked flawlessly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-13T18:55:20+00:00

    Same for me. This item does not exist in my registry.

    When I open outlook, it freezes and less than a minute later closes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-12T07:22:26+00:00

    Hello Steven Macklin,

    Good day to you! 

    I hope you are doing well.

    We haven't heard back from you on this issue. I'd like to follow up and check if the provided information were helpful on this issue. You can vote for these replies help other users who are searching for the same information to find them easily in the community.

    Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T18:43:03+00:00

    Outlook dropped from my PC (Windows 11) when I installed the classic it worked once. When I tried to reopen from the start menu after a reboot, it reverted to trying to open the new outlook which terminated the installation when my email client Earthlink IMAP was unable to provide the type of password it needed to establish the email account within outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-08T04:36:06+00:00

    Hi Steven Macklin,

    Thank you for posting in the Microsoft community. We are happy to assist.

    Based on the information you have shared with us; I understand you have a concern on how to switch back to classic outlook.

    To switch back to the classic version of Outlook, follow these steps:

    1. Please ensure that the office 365 applications are installed on your device
    2. Open the new Outlook for Windows.
    3. Locate the toggle switch near the top right corner of the window.
    4. Slide the toggle to the left to switch back to classic Outlook Revert to legacy Outlook - Microsoft Support

    You can try the above steps and let us know how it goes, if you have any further concerns, please feel free to reply here, we will work together to find a direction specific to the situation.

    Thank you for understanding and cooperation. I will be looking forward to your next updates. 😊

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments