Outlook Storage Saying it's Full Even Though it's Not.

Anonymous
2025-03-05T15:09:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this issue since Monday, my email is saying that my storage is full. When I click 'Manage Storage' it shows that my email storage is 0.8 GB of used storage and 100 GB available. My OneDrive storage is 5.5 GB of used storage out of 100 GB. I'm only getting this storage full warning on the Outlook web browser and the Outlook app. I'm not getting any storage full warnings from OneDrive on my computer.

I've tried to reset my account on the Outlook App on Android, I've tried deleting the cache, deleting the data, I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, I've tried logging off and logging back in. NOTHING is working. I've tried resyncing on my computer and looking for sync issues. Because OneDrive isn't getting the warning, there are no issues found.

I've already spoken to multiple people on the Live Chat option with Microsoft; all they tell me is that they can do nothing. I can't delete any emails, if I try to delete emails, it'll just refresh and show the emails still there. I can't send any emails because of the storage full warning. I can receive emails, however, I just cannot respond to them whatsoever.

Storage Warning

Used Storage and Available Storage

OneDrive Storage on PC

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-23T18:18:51+00:00

    I'm having the same issue. However, I am unable to receive emails, as it's saying my inbox is full... and yet it's not. I can see my storage, and it's nowhere near full (it's not even half-full!).

    I've tried resetting my password, but that didn't fix the issue.

    I cannot receive emails, I cannot delete emails, I cannot move emails, etc. I'm at a loss. It is stuck on Saturday (June 21st) morning. I've tried different browsers. I've tried the app (new and classic - I cannot sync classic because it gives an error "full." ARGH!).

    I thought it was working on my phone: nope.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-11T13:48:04+00:00

    So it has been several months - what is the fix???

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-15T04:31:51+00:00

    Okay I got in touch with support today about this and did a screenshare. My error message was saying I was using 5.1GB of only 5GB available storage, which was strange because I should have 100GB email storage with my microsoft 365 subscription.

    To resolve the issue i had to delete enough email attachments to go slightly below the 5GB allowance, this then allowed the new quota to take effect and my error message dissapeared on my desktop app and iphone app. very strange issue and lucky i had to delete very few attachments, I don't evny anyone who is using far more email storage than me.

    This worked for me, thank you so much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments