Outlook Storage Saying it's Full Even Though it's Not.

Anonymous
2025-03-05T15:09:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this issue since Monday, my email is saying that my storage is full. When I click 'Manage Storage' it shows that my email storage is 0.8 GB of used storage and 100 GB available. My OneDrive storage is 5.5 GB of used storage out of 100 GB. I'm only getting this storage full warning on the Outlook web browser and the Outlook app. I'm not getting any storage full warnings from OneDrive on my computer.

I've tried to reset my account on the Outlook App on Android, I've tried deleting the cache, deleting the data, I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, I've tried logging off and logging back in. NOTHING is working. I've tried resyncing on my computer and looking for sync issues. Because OneDrive isn't getting the warning, there are no issues found.

I've already spoken to multiple people on the Live Chat option with Microsoft; all they tell me is that they can do nothing. I can't delete any emails, if I try to delete emails, it'll just refresh and show the emails still there. I can't send any emails because of the storage full warning. I can receive emails, however, I just cannot respond to them whatsoever.

Storage Warning

Used Storage and Available Storage

OneDrive Storage on PC

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T10:01:56+00:00

    Did you find a solution for this yet??? Its 28th and Im now having these issues, it drives me crazy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T10:09:54+00:00

    You have to delete enough email attachments to bring your used storage under the 5GB free allowance, the new quota will then kick in. It's a terrible bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T10:14:12+00:00

    Hey

    Did you manage to find a solution for this? Im in desperate need to access my mail, Ive tried everything around in this forum but I cant seem to get it fixed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T10:15:30+00:00

    But thats the issue, it says Im using 37.5gb/5gb, and It was mostly due to OneDrive files, but I deleted all of them, when I go to manage storage, it says Im using less than 2gb on Onedrive stroage + mail storage combined, I have no Idea what to do

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-30T09:02:05+00:00

    I have a normal Hotmail account that I have been using for many years, I got an error that states "You're out of storage. You cant send emails, and wont be able to receive them in 17 days."

    I selected manage storage to understand what was taking up the space:

    1.2GB Microsoft storage

    2.4GB Outlook storage

    I thought you got 15GB as standard so I don't understand why I get the message:

    This is what the standard Microsoft account should come with??
    15 GB of mailbox storage

    5 GB of OneDrive storage

    As I am going through a personal challenge in life having access to email is key so I paid for the extra storage 100GB at £19.99 and I still have the same error. Can someone help as contacting Microsoft support is too much of a challenge!!

    I really need this resolved as I cant send emails any more

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments