Outlook Storage Saying it's Full Even Though it's Not.

Anonymous
2025-03-05T15:09:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this issue since Monday, my email is saying that my storage is full. When I click 'Manage Storage' it shows that my email storage is 0.8 GB of used storage and 100 GB available. My OneDrive storage is 5.5 GB of used storage out of 100 GB. I'm only getting this storage full warning on the Outlook web browser and the Outlook app. I'm not getting any storage full warnings from OneDrive on my computer.

I've tried to reset my account on the Outlook App on Android, I've tried deleting the cache, deleting the data, I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, I've tried logging off and logging back in. NOTHING is working. I've tried resyncing on my computer and looking for sync issues. Because OneDrive isn't getting the warning, there are no issues found.

I've already spoken to multiple people on the Live Chat option with Microsoft; all they tell me is that they can do nothing. I can't delete any emails, if I try to delete emails, it'll just refresh and show the emails still there. I can't send any emails because of the storage full warning. I can receive emails, however, I just cannot respond to them whatsoever.

Storage Warning

Used Storage and Available Storage

OneDrive Storage on PC

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-07T16:25:22+00:00

    I'm having the same issue, contacted support who said it's an active widespread issue. I've only got a few days before I'll no longer be able to receive emails which I'm worried about

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T05:50:28+00:00

    Might have been corrected. I'm no longer seeing the message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T13:38:53+00:00

    Hello Mia,

    This also has been happening to have the same issue for 5 days. I lose my ability to receive mail in 12 days, and I am unable to send mail, despite only having 0.8 GB used in storage. If this could be fixed as soon as possible, it would be greatly appreciated.

    Jacob

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T21:33:47+00:00

    I have the same issue! It's relieving to hear that this is happening to a lot of people. Hopefully they can fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T21:57:27+00:00

    Okay I got in touch with support today about this and did a screenshare. My error message was saying I was using 5.1GB of only 5GB available storage, which was strange because I should have 100GB email storage with my microsoft 365 subscription.

    To resolve the issue i had to delete enough email attachments to go slightly below the 5GB allowance, this then allowed the new quota to take effect and my error message dissapeared on my desktop app and iphone app. very strange issue and lucky i had to delete very few attachments, I don't evny anyone who is using far more email storage than me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments