Outlook Storage Saying it's Full Even Though it's Not.

Anonymous
2025-03-05T15:09:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this issue since Monday, my email is saying that my storage is full. When I click 'Manage Storage' it shows that my email storage is 0.8 GB of used storage and 100 GB available. My OneDrive storage is 5.5 GB of used storage out of 100 GB. I'm only getting this storage full warning on the Outlook web browser and the Outlook app. I'm not getting any storage full warnings from OneDrive on my computer.

I've tried to reset my account on the Outlook App on Android, I've tried deleting the cache, deleting the data, I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, I've tried logging off and logging back in. NOTHING is working. I've tried resyncing on my computer and looking for sync issues. Because OneDrive isn't getting the warning, there are no issues found.

I've already spoken to multiple people on the Live Chat option with Microsoft; all they tell me is that they can do nothing. I can't delete any emails, if I try to delete emails, it'll just refresh and show the emails still there. I can't send any emails because of the storage full warning. I can receive emails, however, I just cannot respond to them whatsoever.

Storage Warning

Used Storage and Available Storage

OneDrive Storage on PC

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T21:04:25+00:00

    I have the same problem. I just renewed my 365 subscription and Outlook is saying I need to upgrade my Storage. I received 1TB of storage with the new subscription. Outlook is stating there is 14.7gb of storage used out of 5gb (294%). When I click the associated link it shows 14.8gb / 1TB. It seems the new subscription is not recognizing the upgrade storage space. Can someone please help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-18T18:22:02+00:00

    I dont know, dude! I havent even fixed it for myself!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-18T10:35:18+00:00

    I followed the instructions for Outlook.com, but I am still getting the message "Your storage is full". I deleted everything from my email and OneDrive 5 days ago, I have <0.1 GB used, so I don't actually have anything else to delete. What would be my next step?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-16T14:55:34+00:00

    I am having the same issue and would like to be contacted urgently as I am awaiting some very important emails. I have, like many people on here, paid good money to increase the storage size of my inbox and find this to be unacceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T08:49:33+00:00

    What was the fix eventually? I have exactly the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments