Outlook Storage Saying it's Full Even Though it's Not.

Anonymous
2025-03-05T15:09:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this issue since Monday, my email is saying that my storage is full. When I click 'Manage Storage' it shows that my email storage is 0.8 GB of used storage and 100 GB available. My OneDrive storage is 5.5 GB of used storage out of 100 GB. I'm only getting this storage full warning on the Outlook web browser and the Outlook app. I'm not getting any storage full warnings from OneDrive on my computer.

I've tried to reset my account on the Outlook App on Android, I've tried deleting the cache, deleting the data, I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, I've tried logging off and logging back in. NOTHING is working. I've tried resyncing on my computer and looking for sync issues. Because OneDrive isn't getting the warning, there are no issues found.

I've already spoken to multiple people on the Live Chat option with Microsoft; all they tell me is that they can do nothing. I can't delete any emails, if I try to delete emails, it'll just refresh and show the emails still there. I can't send any emails because of the storage full warning. I can receive emails, however, I just cannot respond to them whatsoever.

Storage Warning

Used Storage and Available Storage

OneDrive Storage on PC

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-07T16:25:22+00:00

    I'm having the same issue, contacted support who said it's an active widespread issue. I've only got a few days before I'll no longer be able to receive emails which I'm worried about

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-07T07:52:34+00:00

    I also am having the same problem since yesterday!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-07T01:30:34+00:00

    I have the same issue, I've deleted more than 3 GBs from OneDrive, and deleted 77MB of the unwanted emails, but still can't send or receive emails.
    I tried to subscribe for the basic plan, and still the same issue. The total used storage is about 1.7 GB, but the issue persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T01:24:08+00:00

    Dear user,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

    For Outlook.com:

    You need to log in to the outlook.live.com first, then remove at least 10 MB of attachments to unlock to update the storage quota (regardless of whether or not the attachment needs to be retained), once this is done, refresh your browser, you may need to wait at least 10 minutes for the update to take place and, then restore the deleted attachments via the link: Recover and restore deleted items in Outlook - Microsoft Support

    For OneDrive.com:

    If the above scenario fails or does not work in operation, first log in to onedrive.live.com, then you need to delete at least 150MB of files to upgrade the storage quota, once done, refresh your browser, you may need to wait at least 10 minutes for the storage upgrade to take place. And then restore your deleted attachments via the link: Restore deleted files or folders in OneDrive - Microsoft Support

    If the problem persists, contact Microsoft Online Support. Contact - Microsoft Support

    We sincerely appreciate your cooperation and patience in this matter.

    Best regards

    Mia.W - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-06T08:36:46+00:00

    Dear user,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

    On Outlook web and Outlook app, you received a warning that your mailbox storage is full, but the storage is not actually full. I understand your confusion.

    In fact, many users have recently reported the same problem as you. Microsoft is actively working on this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience!

    If the problem is successfully fixed, I will get back to you in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

    Best regards

    Mia.W - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments