I can't sign in to Outlook.com

Reported
Anonymous
2025-01-20T01:49:59+00:00

I can't login to my Hotmail account

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-01-20T05:38:18+00:00

Hello Sherif Abo Ukail,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to log in to your Hotmail account.

  1. Are you unable to log in to your account in the email application or on Outlook Web?
  2. What error message or abnormal situation do you encounter when you try to log in?
  3. Is the security information in your account available?

I look forward to your response.

Best Regards, 

Zachary.W - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-27T09:52:17+00:00

    Patrice Fairbanks wrote:

    I can't sign in to an old Hotmail account. Is it possible to reactivate this account?

    @ Patrice Fairbanks

    Sometimes the case when people mention an "old" account.

    If you have, at any point. gone for a year without signing in to the account, it was closed and cannot be recovered.

    When you go to https://outlook.live.com  enter the address then click on Next, do you see a message like this account doesn't exist?

    If that's not the case, why exactly can't you sign in to the account? What error message are you seeing?

    Don

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T15:16:53+00:00
    1. neither
    2. i have no way of retrieving or reset pw. It is an additional email which has no backup for retrieving or reset

    3 idk

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T15:23:50+00:00

    My wife and I share the computer. She can get into her Hotmail account, but I can't access mine, even after multiple attempts-HELP ME. I've even tried to start a new account but it defaults to my wifes.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-27T18:43:20+00:00

    My wife and I share the computer. She can get into her Hotmail account, but I can't access mine, even after multiple attempts-HELP ME. I've even tried to start a new account but it defaults to my wifes.

    1. Do you use the same User Account on the computer?
    2. Are you accessing these Hotmail accounts a. With Classic Outlook (as in Outlook 365?) b. With the New Outlook app? c. On the web at https://outlook.live.com with a browser?
    3. In what way, exactly, can you not access your Hotmail account? What error message are you seeing?

    Dom

    0 comments No comments