how do i change outlook back to the old version

Anonymous
2024-10-30T22:40:30+00:00

I am having some difficulties with some of the functions in the new version. how do i switch back to the old Outlook view.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T09:52:53+00:00

    Unfortunately, Microsoft won't listen to users. They sound sympathetic but really don't care and probably have no intention of restoring some features from Classic to New Outlook no matter how many people complain. There's got to be reasons for it. Back in Oct 2023, their response to someone was:

    "Please understand since the New Outlook is on preview stage, some features may not supported/feasible, our product team is still updating more features on it and move features from classic Outlook to the New Outlook, and you can submit your feedback via the in-app support Help-->feedback from your new outlook."

    How difficult can it be to restore the export/import feature? I could be wrong, but I believe there may be a reason they removed this feature in New Outlook for example. Possibly to stop people moving and storing their emails elsewhere as they want to be able to force people to purchase more storage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-29T09:06:58+00:00

    I want to use Classic Outlook. New Outlook is awful and has lost so much functionality that I cannot work with it.

    I want to use ONLY Classic Outlook

    So I've been following your advice - but it makes no sense.

    You say "Navigate to the (new) Outlook Menu" How? Where is the outlook menu?

    You say "turn the toggle off at the top right of the (new) Outlook window" - there is no toggle

    You say "download" which I did - it made no difference , there is still no Classic Outlook icon to launch it

    Can someone PLEASE give me some instructions that make sense

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-29T16:48:19+00:00

    Hello, I feel your pain.

    Can you go to Windows Search and locate it this way? If you used the Download link in the first Reply (as I did yesterday), hopefully this will work for you. Judy

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-31T13:33:24+00:00

    The answer is stale as of 31JAN25. We need a new fix!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-31T13:38:47+00:00

    This just opens the same crappy format, with SOOOO much stuff robbing space from the actual emails (the icons for calendar, email, tasks, etc, are shoved to the side, instead of under the stack of email accounts; the ribbon, even in "classic" format is ENORMOUS.) This format SUCKS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments