how do i change outlook back to the old version

Anonymous
2024-10-30T22:40:30+00:00

I am having some difficulties with some of the functions in the new version. how do i switch back to the old Outlook view.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-02T17:39:52+00:00

    go back to old version of outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-04T07:01:10+00:00

    I can't even open the old version. Tried to open it using "Start" still won't open so I can't change back. 😡I hate Microsoft and have for years!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-20T15:47:16+00:00

    I will try these things. thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-20T16:26:10+00:00

    Hi Mary,

    Unfortunately the suggestions don't solve the problem.

    There is a toggle to Old Outlook under the Help tab, and it attempts to launch it but comes up with the same warning as when I launch Old Outlook from the Start menu "Outlook couldn't start last time..... Do you want to start it in safe mode" Answer either Y or N and it crashes and tells Microsoft about the problem. Not very helpful.

    In the Registry there isn't a 'Use New Outlook' key, although even if there was I guess I'd get the same issue.

    I've tried the download twice now and it makes no difference.

    I can only hope that Microsoft listen to the users and put back features from the Old Outlook. I see there have been issues raised with it for some considerable time, so I get the feeling they aren't really understanding why simple things like the inconsistent 'Received' date format are so frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T21:18:30+00:00

    You jerks! There is no USENEWOUTLOOK in the registry. Are you living on California weed or something?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments