how do i change outlook back to the old version

Anonymous
2024-10-30T22:40:30+00:00

I am having some difficulties with some of the functions in the new version. how do i switch back to the old Outlook view.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T15:34:23+00:00

    I have experienced the same problem. This is a total disaster. It is as if we no longer have control of our Outlook account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T15:31:34+00:00

    This new Outlook is a disaster. I cannot return to my previous Outlook version; nothing works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T19:33:21+00:00

    ah, I retired for a year, and once back on Outlook 365, I was like, why can't I save an email as a PDF? Dirty dogs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T03:05:39+00:00

    the usenewoutlook is not in the registry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T23:11:34+00:00

    Ok, so here is my story. I'm an IT guy and New Outlook just didn't do it for me. I need to get back to Classic Outlook. Here's what I did and how it finally got fixed.

    (1) tried the button in New Outlook to go back to Classic outlook. This button doesn't work. Tried it 10x.

    (2) tried using Help | Go Back to Outlook Classic in the menu. That doesn't work either.

    (3) tried the registry hack to add 0 for new outlook, that didn't work either.

    (4) I uninstalled Office 365 Family and re-installed. New install doesn't prompt for any version of Outlook, just installs new Outlook.

    What fixed it. I did a support session with Microsoft support and they gave me a link to install Classic Outlook. Here is the link:

    https://c2rsetup.officeapps.live.com/c2r/download.aspx?ProductreleaseID=OutlookRetail&language=en-us&platform=def&version=O16GA

    Instructions:

    (1) ensure you remove any accounts in your new Outlook configuration.

    (2) click the above link and download the Outlook.exe install binary. Run Outlook.exe installer that was downloaded.

    (3) then add your email accounts back into Outlook classic.

    This is what eventually worked for me after hours and hours of searching and trying de-installs, installs and registry hacks.

    Hope this helps you!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments