New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails.

Anonymous
2024-07-08T15:34:52+00:00

New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails. It stopped working either yesterday or today.

Notifications are turned on in Outlook and Windows.

Focus is off, battery saver is off.

Windows is updated.

Things I have tried:

Restart the computer.

Turn notifications off and on again.

Remove the email account and add it again.

Go back to Windows email (notifications work) and then back to New Outlook (stops working)

( Screenshots of settings in Swedish )

https://ibb.co/tcrNthT

https://ibb.co/XSyFP0Q

https://ibb.co/NSrxCXV

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-07-12T21:43:51+00:00

The only semi-solution I found was to close new Outlook. Then the banner actually shoes up when you get new emails, but without a sound. Make sure to have "Send notifications when Outlook is closed" in notification settings in outlook.

It works with hotmail for me at least, I guess it's better than nothing.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-29T09:26:21+00:00

    It's the same with Windows10. I have checked all my settings twice, they are all set correctly. Checked web for info most are in the same boat. This needs a core update by Microsoft. It is anoying considering they pushed the NEW Outlook hard, when the mail app worked ok.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T16:07:34+00:00

    Mine suddenly started working again today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T17:29:28+00:00

    I got several emails today, but no notifications to my desktop.

    Will wait to see if they fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T19:04:55+00:00

    It looks like a new update to the app may have addressed the issue.

    I am now seeing notifications when the Outlook (new) app is open and/or running in the background. The version I see is: 1.2024.725.400 (Production). I checked the Microsoft Store app and the Outlook for Windows app was updated on my computer earlier today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments