New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails.

Anonymous
2024-07-08T15:34:52+00:00

New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails. It stopped working either yesterday or today.

Notifications are turned on in Outlook and Windows.

Focus is off, battery saver is off.

Windows is updated.

Things I have tried:

Restart the computer.

Turn notifications off and on again.

Remove the email account and add it again.

Go back to Windows email (notifications work) and then back to New Outlook (stops working)

( Screenshots of settings in Swedish )

https://ibb.co/tcrNthT

https://ibb.co/XSyFP0Q

https://ibb.co/NSrxCXV

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-07-12T21:43:51+00:00

The only semi-solution I found was to close new Outlook. Then the banner actually shoes up when you get new emails, but without a sound. Make sure to have "Send notifications when Outlook is closed" in notification settings in outlook.

It works with hotmail for me at least, I guess it's better than nothing.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T09:27:59+00:00

    Yeah, hopefully they can fix it by then. Not getting notifications sucks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T17:59:53+00:00

    I managed to permanently fix it by uninstalling Outlook and installing Mozilla Thunderbird instead. :D

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T05:00:27+00:00

    I managed to permanently fix it by uninstalling Outlook and installing Mozilla Thunderbird instead. :D

    Fixed more than that bug, in my opinion. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T11:00:00+00:00

    It doesn't help those of us though who have to use it for work and rely upon the notifications.

    Any suggestions on how to get Microsoft to listen?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments