New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails.

Anonymous
2024-07-08T15:34:52+00:00

New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails. It stopped working either yesterday or today.

Notifications are turned on in Outlook and Windows.

Focus is off, battery saver is off.

Windows is updated.

Things I have tried:

Restart the computer.

Turn notifications off and on again.

Remove the email account and add it again.

Go back to Windows email (notifications work) and then back to New Outlook (stops working)

( Screenshots of settings in Swedish )

https://ibb.co/tcrNthT

https://ibb.co/XSyFP0Q

https://ibb.co/NSrxCXV

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-07-12T21:43:51+00:00

The only semi-solution I found was to close new Outlook. Then the banner actually shoes up when you get new emails, but without a sound. Make sure to have "Send notifications when Outlook is closed" in notification settings in outlook.

It works with hotmail for me at least, I guess it's better than nothing.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T17:49:30+00:00

    Me and a few others at my company are also having the same issues as well. On New and Old Outlook, link Anders we have done everything that is recommended but no luck. At least I am not alone hopefully Microsoft fixes the issue soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T16:46:50+00:00

    Also having the same issue. I had a ticket open with Support and they said it is still under development and that I should switch back to Outlook Classic. What a waste of time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T14:09:59+00:00

    I am also having the same problem from Windows 11 and not getting notifications with New Outlook. I've taken all the recommended steps already

    • Turned off battery saving
    • Turned off Focus Assist
    • Enabled Notifications for Outlook New
    • Restarted the computer
    • Removed the mail account from Outlook New and re-added
    • Repaired Outlook New from Programs and Features

    This is a bug in Outlook New and needs to be fixed by Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-13T20:35:18+00:00

    Thanks for the information.

    -- Diane

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments