New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails.

Anonymous
2024-07-08T15:34:52+00:00

New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails. It stopped working either yesterday or today.

Notifications are turned on in Outlook and Windows.

Focus is off, battery saver is off.

Windows is updated.

Things I have tried:

Restart the computer.

Turn notifications off and on again.

Remove the email account and add it again.

Go back to Windows email (notifications work) and then back to New Outlook (stops working)

( Screenshots of settings in Swedish )

https://ibb.co/tcrNthT

https://ibb.co/XSyFP0Q

https://ibb.co/NSrxCXV

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-07-12T21:43:51+00:00

The only semi-solution I found was to close new Outlook. Then the banner actually shoes up when you get new emails, but without a sound. Make sure to have "Send notifications when Outlook is closed" in notification settings in outlook.

It works with hotmail for me at least, I guess it's better than nothing.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-22T22:47:40+00:00

    Having the same problem.

    Tried all the steps they say.

    I have however noticed that it comes through my phone, so maybe signing out of the phone will help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T19:51:03+00:00

    I'm thinking this issue might be related to the latest version of the app. I've had this problem on my work computer for the last week or so, but haven't had a problem on my personal computer.

    When I installed the latest version of the new Outlook "1.2024.708.200 (Production)" on my personal computer to match the one I'm using on my work computer and sent a test email, I no longer see any Windows pop-up notifications from Outlook and no items in the Notifications Center. Prior to that update, I had no problem.

    Thinking this one is a bug. Is anybody part of the Outlook insider program and can confirm that pop-ups are working in whatever latest build they're testing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T08:25:52+00:00

    I also have this problem - calendar notifications work from there so it isn't a notification on the laptop issue, it is just new mail notifications don't come through!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T18:32:10+00:00

    Same issue here. I think it's odd that Microsoft doesn't even have this issue listed in the Service Health tile in the 365 Admin Portal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments