New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails.

Anonymous
2024-07-08T15:34:52+00:00

New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails. It stopped working either yesterday or today.

Notifications are turned on in Outlook and Windows.

Focus is off, battery saver is off.

Windows is updated.

Things I have tried:

Restart the computer.

Turn notifications off and on again.

Remove the email account and add it again.

Go back to Windows email (notifications work) and then back to New Outlook (stops working)

( Screenshots of settings in Swedish )

https://ibb.co/tcrNthT

https://ibb.co/XSyFP0Q

https://ibb.co/NSrxCXV

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-07-12T21:43:51+00:00

The only semi-solution I found was to close new Outlook. Then the banner actually shoes up when you get new emails, but without a sound. Make sure to have "Send notifications when Outlook is closed" in notification settings in outlook.

It works with hotmail for me at least, I guess it's better than nothing.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-29T09:26:21+00:00

    It's the same with Windows10. I have checked all my settings twice, they are all set correctly. Checked web for info most are in the same boat. This needs a core update by Microsoft. It is anoying considering they pushed the NEW Outlook hard, when the mail app worked ok.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-26T13:00:32+00:00

    Same here. E-mail notifications suddenly stopped working and... I have to rely on my iPhone to see new mail coming in. I have checked all the settings a hundred of times, restarted, etc. - nothing helped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T14:15:53+00:00

    Having the same issue for a week now. I was away for 3 weeks and thought it was just my account being fuzzy.

    I guess it's not just me. Our company IT support has no fix and advised me to switch back to old outlook which I don't like.

    Hope to get a real fix soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more