New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails.

Anonymous
2024-07-08T15:34:52+00:00

New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails. It stopped working either yesterday or today.

Notifications are turned on in Outlook and Windows.

Focus is off, battery saver is off.

Windows is updated.

Things I have tried:

Restart the computer.

Turn notifications off and on again.

Remove the email account and add it again.

Go back to Windows email (notifications work) and then back to New Outlook (stops working)

( Screenshots of settings in Swedish )

https://ibb.co/tcrNthT

https://ibb.co/XSyFP0Q

https://ibb.co/NSrxCXV

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-07-12T21:43:51+00:00

The only semi-solution I found was to close new Outlook. Then the banner actually shoes up when you get new emails, but without a sound. Make sure to have "Send notifications when Outlook is closed" in notification settings in outlook.

It works with hotmail for me at least, I guess it's better than nothing.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T03:44:29+00:00

    Did you try repair? In Windows Settings > Apps > Installed apps, find Outlook (New) then click on the dots on the right and choose Advanced Options. Repair is near the bottom of the page.

    Is new Outlook running? It needs to be running for notifications to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T20:37:53+00:00

    I have the latest version of both Outlook and Windows 11. I reinstalled Outlook but it still doesn't work.

    If I use Windows Mail it works fine, but New Outlook refuses to give notifications.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T19:06:33+00:00

    What is your version number?

    If you turn notifications off in both Outlook and Windows Settings then restart Outlook and turn them on, do they start working?

    Are you getting any notifications - calendar reminders but not new incoming mail?

    -- Diane

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T16:45:31+00:00
    1. Focus is off, I get notifications from other apps.
    2. As you can see on the second screenshot, Outlook is enabled to receive notifications.
    3. It's a desktop computer, not a laptop, it doesn't have a battery saver option.

    It has worked fine before and I get notifications using the old Windows email instead of outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments