New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails.

Anonymous
2024-07-08T15:34:52+00:00

New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails. It stopped working either yesterday or today.

Notifications are turned on in Outlook and Windows.

Focus is off, battery saver is off.

Windows is updated.

Things I have tried:

Restart the computer.

Turn notifications off and on again.

Remove the email account and add it again.

Go back to Windows email (notifications work) and then back to New Outlook (stops working)

( Screenshots of settings in Swedish )

https://ibb.co/tcrNthT

https://ibb.co/XSyFP0Q

https://ibb.co/NSrxCXV

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-07-12T21:43:51+00:00

The only semi-solution I found was to close new Outlook. Then the banner actually shoes up when you get new emails, but without a sound. Make sure to have "Send notifications when Outlook is closed" in notification settings in outlook.

It works with hotmail for me at least, I guess it's better than nothing.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T01:43:36+00:00

    Mine was with calendar and strangely by default the notification was turned off in the app itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-17T21:18:34+00:00

    Outlook(new) has stopped sending notifications.

    My settings are as recommended.

    Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

    Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-09T17:22:02+00:00

    Perhaps I've started to imagine things, but it seems like it just started working for me, too... I will write this down under X files :)

    Don't have a clue what changed, nothing was installed and right about I finished the work, I've notices notification for a new mail message... Go figure :D

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-08T21:47:46+00:00

    I'm so happy for you and at the same time scared to try for myself ... I'll just enjoy your happiness and not disappoint myself again by switching to new Outlook just to find out it does not work for me :);)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments