New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails.

Anonymous
2024-07-08T15:34:52+00:00

New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails. It stopped working either yesterday or today.

Notifications are turned on in Outlook and Windows.

Focus is off, battery saver is off.

Windows is updated.

Things I have tried:

Restart the computer.

Turn notifications off and on again.

Remove the email account and add it again.

Go back to Windows email (notifications work) and then back to New Outlook (stops working)

( Screenshots of settings in Swedish )

https://ibb.co/tcrNthT

https://ibb.co/XSyFP0Q

https://ibb.co/NSrxCXV

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-07-12T21:43:51+00:00

The only semi-solution I found was to close new Outlook. Then the banner actually shoes up when you get new emails, but without a sound. Make sure to have "Send notifications when Outlook is closed" in notification settings in outlook.

It works with hotmail for me at least, I guess it's better than nothing.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-05T16:57:54+00:00

    Dang, I got my hopes up I am on the same version on New Outlook, and I still can't get notifications to work on Outlook. I also have a co-worker who has old Outlook, and it also is still not working. Not to sure what to do at this point we have tried all the things and to no avail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-02T19:18:41+00:00

    Mine is back as well! I turned off my computer last night and this morning, the notifications are back! And yes, the taskbar icon no longer as the "NEW" label on it. I'm so glad they were able to fix it! Hope it's all working for everyone at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T20:22:27+00:00

    I can confirm that the update with this new version resolved the issue on both of my computers. My second computer just received the update today, which the icon in the taskbar no longer has the "new" label on it. I may recommend rebooting your computer after the app updates to make sure nothing from the previous version might be active.

    Hope it starts working for you! Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T19:18:14+00:00

    Lucky you :) Having the same version but still no luck with notifications.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments