In new Outlook, emails stay in the outbox even though they've been sent.

Anonymous
2024-06-24T14:54:26+00:00

In the new Outlook, when a user sends an email, it will go to the Outbox and stay there, but it still gets sent to the end user. I checked the original Outlook to see if it's in the outbox there, and it's not, nor is it anywhere else, it just seems to be the new Outlook. If I delete the email, it comes back within 5 seconds and it's started doing it sporadically for other emails. None of the emails that are doing it share anything in common, some have attachments, some do not, some are sent to multiple people, some are not. I can see no issues in the health centre either so I'm scratching my head a bit on this one.

Things I have done so far:

Opened/closed Outlook

Restarted PC

Ran Windows and Office Updates

Reinstalled Office

Tried a new mail profile

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-16T00:01:06+00:00

    Ran into another weirdness. If replying to an email that was snoozed from within the snoozed folder and then un snoozing it, two copies wind up in the inbox and the reply can't be sent.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T17:32:55+00:00

    Hello, still happening also here. This is kind of ridicolous, do they have a timeline to fix?

    Anybody has the link to the open ticket on the Microsoft Bug Tracker?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-11T15:05:14+00:00

    Happened with one of our users, when switching to Outlook New the Outbox clears out and when swithing back to Outlook Classic still has the items in Outbox, Tried everything, cleanups of all sorts, nothing worked. Users was happy to just delete the items from the Outbox. Fortunately issue only occurred on a single day so no many items to recreate but did not happen again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T13:49:44+00:00

    Quick work-around:

    1 Drag all Emails stuck in the outbox into "Drafts"
    2. Go do "Drafts" folder and send them again

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T03:27:49+00:00

    Following this instruction, I now have 2 emails stuck in my inbox. This is absolutely unacceptable, Microsoft!

    So absolutely frustrated and now I'm a paying Microsoft 365 customer, it makes me furious.

    Going back to Thunderbird and still angry grrrrr

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments