In new Outlook, emails stay in the outbox even though they've been sent.

Anonymous
2024-06-24T14:54:26+00:00

In the new Outlook, when a user sends an email, it will go to the Outbox and stay there, but it still gets sent to the end user. I checked the original Outlook to see if it's in the outbox there, and it's not, nor is it anywhere else, it just seems to be the new Outlook. If I delete the email, it comes back within 5 seconds and it's started doing it sporadically for other emails. None of the emails that are doing it share anything in common, some have attachments, some do not, some are sent to multiple people, some are not. I can see no issues in the health centre either so I'm scratching my head a bit on this one.

Things I have done so far:

Opened/closed Outlook

Restarted PC

Ran Windows and Office Updates

Reinstalled Office

Tried a new mail profile

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T16:25:45+00:00

    The Outlook Team has a bug for this, and they are working on addressing this scenario.

    Is the account you are using Exchange or IMAP or other?

    You mentioned that the email got sent successfully. If you go to the one in the Inbox and click Send again does that cause it to clear? I know not good to send the same email again and annoy the recipient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-28T09:09:18+00:00

    The account uses Exchange. I tried what you said as one of the emails stuck was addressed to myself, it sent the email again but didn't clear it unfortunately. I guess we just wait for the bug to be fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-28T13:49:06+00:00

    only fix i found was to remove the email account and re-add it and then the outbox message disappeared

    settings > accounts > email accounts > select Manage button next to account in question > Remove

    and then re-add it

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-30T22:03:02+00:00

    Sme problem except now it says "your request can't be completed right now" instead of showing the emails in the Outbox,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T13:01:48+00:00

    Same issue for me and these suggestions did not work. Additionally tried going back to original outlook instead of the new one to see if I can delete there but they are not in drafts or outbox on that version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments