In new Outlook, emails stay in the outbox even though they've been sent.

Anonymous
2024-06-24T14:54:26+00:00

In the new Outlook, when a user sends an email, it will go to the Outbox and stay there, but it still gets sent to the end user. I checked the original Outlook to see if it's in the outbox there, and it's not, nor is it anywhere else, it just seems to be the new Outlook. If I delete the email, it comes back within 5 seconds and it's started doing it sporadically for other emails. None of the emails that are doing it share anything in common, some have attachments, some do not, some are sent to multiple people, some are not. I can see no issues in the health centre either so I'm scratching my head a bit on this one.

Things I have done so far:

Opened/closed Outlook

Restarted PC

Ran Windows and Office Updates

Reinstalled Office

Tried a new mail profile

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-15T23:17:40+00:00

    One potential fix which I haven't seen mentioned here yet, is to disable Offline mode under Settings > General > Offline.

    After disabling, restart Outlook app, and the Outbox folder should no longer be visible.

    Obviously if you prefer the ability to access your emails/calendar offline, this may not be worth it for you, but for me this seems to have fixed the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T21:44:59+00:00

    Guess they don't care to even try and help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T19:19:20+00:00

    Still no fix. Billion dollar company and can't fix what they screwed up. What a joke. Microsoft absolutely sucks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T15:36:28+00:00

    I have seen this issue as well. There is an email stuck in the outbox, even though the email is sent. What is strange is that the email appears to not have any contents when double clicking on it, but there is content in the preview. We tried everything in this thread and others. Will switch back to the old Outlook until Microsoft resolves this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-21T14:23:52+00:00

    IS there any update on this issue? Has Microsoft put out a bug fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments