In new Outlook, emails stay in the outbox even though they've been sent.

Anonymous
2024-06-24T14:54:26+00:00

In the new Outlook, when a user sends an email, it will go to the Outbox and stay there, but it still gets sent to the end user. I checked the original Outlook to see if it's in the outbox there, and it's not, nor is it anywhere else, it just seems to be the new Outlook. If I delete the email, it comes back within 5 seconds and it's started doing it sporadically for other emails. None of the emails that are doing it share anything in common, some have attachments, some do not, some are sent to multiple people, some are not. I can see no issues in the health centre either so I'm scratching my head a bit on this one.

Things I have done so far:

Opened/closed Outlook

Restarted PC

Ran Windows and Office Updates

Reinstalled Office

Tried a new mail profile

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-22T14:26:07+00:00

    I am having this same issue that it still thinks when I exit that there are unsent emails in my mailbox. I did all of your steps EXCEPT reset as it said this would delete all my data. Is that accurate. Also my outlook does not say new, but the updated install date is 4/11/2025.

    What is also different is I do not show anything in my out box

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-25T17:34:20+00:00

    So just like everyone else, none of the solutions worked for me.

    What I did find that worked (and its definitely a work around) is you launch OWA from Edge, click the 3 dots in the corner, and click Apps > Install as an App.

    Seems to work so far. We all know new outlook is just a web browser more or less....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T13:20:42+00:00

    Hello, I noticed an email I had just sent was stuck in the Outbox. Failing to find a Send button, I tapped on the email and it was sent on its eay. Hope this works next time.

    Have you noticed that as Microsoft adds layer upon layer of new capability to their apps they become harder to use and less reliable?

    Good luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-14T20:11:12+00:00

    I noticed emails get stuck in the outbox only when they are reply messages I write and send from the preview pane. If I expand the message out of the preview pane, I do not experience this problem. Hopefully Microsoft can address this. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments