sports calendars not showing

Anonymous
2024-08-20T15:59:10+00:00

I select various sports teams, but their schedules don't show in my calendar. Does this no longer work. I even got an email on the new outlook where it promotes this. I used to have a college football team, an MLB team and another team in my calendar, (and yes, the checkbox is selected), but no schedule appears... I even tried to import from the college teams website with a url link and Outlook wouldn't accept it.

Here's the email I received today, promoting this feature, which isn't working...

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-17T21:36:07+00:00

    The fact that this is Microsoft's only reply to this string is evidence of the gaps they have in customer service. Nearly one month later and not even a "thank you for pointing out this concern" or anything. @Microsoft , do better.

    Dear Rob Kuefner1,

     

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

     

    Based on your description, it seems that the sports schedule integration in Outlook is experiencing some issues.

    Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot:

    1. Have you checked to ensure the teams you've selected are correctly checked in your calendar settings?
    2. Have you checked to make sure the specific sports calendars are visible in your calendar view? You might need to adjust the calendar options to display them.
    3. Have you checked if your Outlook account is syncing properly? Try restarting the Outlook application or your device.
    4. While time-consuming, you can manually add game times to your calendar. This gives you full control over the events.
    5. Some teams provide downloadable calendars or RSS feeds. You might be able to import these into Outlook. Keep your Outlook application and operating system up-to-date, as updates might resolve the issue.

    If none of these steps work, please let me know and we can explore other options. Please note that our initial response does not always resolve the issue immediately. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution. Thank you for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-16T02:39:46+00:00

    De Paul,

    This is a Microsoft issue that you need to fix. I feel like every few years the sports calendars in outlook.com start functioning incorrectly and then weeks to months go by and they are finally corrected. College and professional football has started in the US. Soccer/futbol leagues around the world have started as well. How is this not getting attention when millions of people follow these sports and their respective teams? Please look into this from Microsoft's side, because with this many posts, it isn't a user issue.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-08T18:03:32+00:00

    Why would you even post such a nonsense answer. Add manually? Really?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-08T02:00:02+00:00

    none of those options are working. Sports team will also not show on the outlook app on my iPad or iPhone. I have tried the online version and the downloaded version of Microsoft 365, nothing works.!!!! Very frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-07T20:37:19+00:00

    As above, I too have issues with Outlook Mobile regarding footy calendars (sorry, guys, West Ham & Norwich!). I was on Outlook Mobile v 4.2432.0 (now upgraded to v 4.2434.1 and still same situation) on Android and all calendars were 'checked', but no details showed. On looking back, the last event entry was in May 2024 (last season). These were sync'd to my Samsung calendar ok. This season...nothing, nada.

    I checked back on my laptop...MS365 inserts the calendars individually, but show no events. And they're not integrated in my primary calendar. New Outlook and Classic show them as checked, but they don't get included. I raised a ticket with Calendar support, who finally told me it must be a server side issue, as all Outlooks are mirrored from there and I should contact Outlook.com support. I've tried this today, but not heard anything yet.

    1 other thing; earlier this year I 'lost' all my anniversaries e.g. birthdays, insurance renewal dates etc etc. but only found out by accident. I think a version of Outlook after May 2024 may be the culprit, no idea which.

    It's not a major issue, in a world where lots more major things are happening, but it is annoying, and begs the question: what use- cases are set up for their testing!

    Kind Regards, PK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments