sports calendars not showing

Anonymous
2024-08-20T15:59:10+00:00

I select various sports teams, but their schedules don't show in my calendar. Does this no longer work. I even got an email on the new outlook where it promotes this. I used to have a college football team, an MLB team and another team in my calendar, (and yes, the checkbox is selected), but no schedule appears... I even tried to import from the college teams website with a url link and Outlook wouldn't accept it.

Here's the email I received today, promoting this feature, which isn't working...

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-22T10:46:44+00:00

    Further to my last note, I deleted a soccer calendar from Outlook mobile on my Samsung phone and tried to add it again. Same Refresh connectivity/ message as before, only now I can't see it at all and my last entry in May 2024 has disappeared.

    Definitely something has changed at the back end, so maybe the message has finally got through. I wish they would supply better info about what changes they are making for new versions...and do better integrated testing.

    I find the number of types of Outlook (Classic, new, live.com, mobile) confusing, and the support needs to be better organised. I had to contact 3 different Outlook support teams before 'talking' to someone who tried to help. CRAZY!!

    Cheers,

    PK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T12:06:44+00:00

    Something has changed for me too. In Calendar> Interesting Calendars, my Outlook mobile shows a message 'It looks like there is some connectivity issue. REFRESH'. When you try to refresh, same message appears.

    The sports calendars still show as checked if I select the calendar icon at top left of the primary calendar screen, but still no entries at all.

    On my laptop, my Outlook (Classic, New & 365) show Sports calendars as checked, but Add Calendar is empty for Sports.

    I agree that they have pulled the plug, hopefully to work on it. It obviously wasn't tested fully and disappeared in a release between May and August. I did have a problem with Birthdays and Repeat Events (e.g. Insurance renewals) disappearing a while ago, which I think is linked.

    I agree with the Windows Phone comment/observation.

    Kind Regards, PK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T19:10:56+00:00

    I'm now seeing the same thing... nothing appears. So, so either they have decided to do away with the feature, or they are working on it and have removed it for the time being. I hate to say it, but google seems to have their calendar synced to these teams. I don't imagine they create those on their own but are simply tying into a web based calendar that get the information. Interestingly, it even updates with the score after the game is over. I can see the scores on my calendar. I actually prefer Outlook, and want to use it, but this sync issue and some of the contact issues make it a challenge. To be honest, when we lost Windows phone, it really began to impact some of the interoperability that comes with email, calendar and contacts... sorry, I know I just raised a whole different issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T18:46:04+00:00

    I do not understand how Microsoft has flat-out refused to think this problem might be on their end. This summer right around the MLB all Star break I noticed that the games for my Cincinnati Reds just stopped. The calendar went from showing all the games at the beginning of the year to just nothing. I thought maybe they would load the second half of the season after the All-Star Game. That didn't really make sense to me but I thought I would wait and see. I then noticed that there were no games posted for the Bengals either. Thinking that maybe I just need to delete the calendars and add them, I did the following:

    1. I clicked on Add Calendar

    Image

    1. I went to edit calendars and I deleted the Reds and Bengals calendars
    2. I then clicked on "Sports" where it says "add your favorite teams to your calendar"

    Image

    1. NOTHING APPEARS! IT IS BLANK! "FIND MORE TEAMS" DOESN'T WORK!!! Clicking it does absolutely nothing!

    My apologies for being a jerk but the problem is clearly on the Microsoft side. I appreciate that the support team is trying to be helpful but each suggested fix implies that the users are the issue when that is not the problem. This is one of those features that you set once and it should just keep working. It has worked great for years and then something happened in the middle of this year that broke it and it remains broken. I did not change anything from when I set it up. All my screen shots and steps above were completed on the web interface so this is NOT a sync or device issue. It simply stopped working and still doesn't work. It should either be repaired or removed.

    Again sorry for my response but I am hoping this helps Microsoft fix this great calendar feature.

    -M

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T15:49:02+00:00

    Hi All Fellow Bing Sufferers,

    I finally managed to get to Outlook.live.com support today (URL is: Outlook.live.com). After a long time, I finally got a 'work around' from someone called Prakhar. He said:

     - In Outlook.com go to settings, 
    
     - Go to General category
    
     - Select devices on the right of screen (Mobile for me + others) and delete.
    

    Apparently it can take 24hrs to resync devices.

    I haven't done anything yet, as I'm not that techy anymore and wanted to run passed you guys to see if this makes sense before I do it and make things worse!!

    He did imply that they know there's a sync issue, but it's been hard work getting this far (3 x calls to different Outlook support teams- I suggested to them about having a central Outlook team??).

    The ticket no. ref is #7051874958 if you want to contact them for yourselves with further queries. Not sure I can do much more to help us all.

    I'll wait until I something back from the 65+ affected users! Good luck.

    Kind Regards,

    Paul.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments