sports calendars not showing

Anonymous
2024-08-20T15:59:10+00:00

I select various sports teams, but their schedules don't show in my calendar. Does this no longer work. I even got an email on the new outlook where it promotes this. I used to have a college football team, an MLB team and another team in my calendar, (and yes, the checkbox is selected), but no schedule appears... I even tried to import from the college teams website with a url link and Outlook wouldn't accept it.

Here's the email I received today, promoting this feature, which isn't working...

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-01T20:11:14+00:00

    Agree, definitely a first world problem. But just very annoyed. 2 or 3 years ago they had another issue where the game times weren't accurate to the timezone one was living in. So when a game was supposed to start at 10 am, it would show some completely different time. I just don't get how difficult this is. Like once it is mapped, why doesn't it just continue working? I follow MLS. Game times were showing up for the majority of the season and then in like July or August they disappeared. Like I said, annoyed more than anything especially when their competitors have zero issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-01T19:47:43+00:00

    Having spent my life in enterprise software design, build and deployment, bugs happen. And, I can imagine on the list of "issues" at Microsoft, since it is not a show stopper bug, it is low on the priority list.

    That being said, this is a great example where size does not matter. In fact, it may be counter productive.

    It is yet another example (like taking the date and time out of the copy & paste function in Teams), where the group think at Microsoft creates paralysis, bad decisions and an inability to deliver promised functionality.

    As my son would say, this is definitely a first world problem. But, it is a PITA.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-01T19:36:34+00:00

    Microsoft should be fixing this, not expecting us to go to their competitor for a work around. College football season is a quarter of the way done. This is a disappointment that this hasn't been fixed yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-01T19:27:58+00:00

    So, what you are saying is to bypass Microsoft's lack of delivering expected results, bypass them, and use Google.

    Bill Gates would be so proud.

    I did not want to cross streams between my personal Gmail account and my work O365 account. Life is confusing enough...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-01T16:19:39+00:00

    FYI, I was able to solve the issues by adding the sports calendars to my personal Gmail calendar, then I synced my personal Gmail to my Work Outlook 365. I went to "Add Calendar" and added my personal calendar after I opened the Gmail calendar and added the sports teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments