Restart recommended We detected that your session has unusually high memory - New Outlook

Anonymous
2024-10-10T12:37:46+00:00

New outlook feels sluggish, after a few minutes and then after a minute or two a message popup "Restart recommended We detected that your session has unusually high memory". Restart and it works again for a few minutes. feels like a bug or memoryleak. After updates applied today. (Fully updates system)

Running classic outlook solves the problem, but just a heads up. If no one has a fix :)

1.2024.1002.100 (Production)
Klientversion is 20240927008.14.

WebView2-versionen er 129.0.2792.79.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T16:07:57+00:00

    I am having the same issue. The memory usage ticks up about 10MB + per second until it reaches about 7GB of RAM usage and then freezes (I have 128 GB of RAM). The process is also using 25% of my CPU (Intel i9 w/ 8 cores) at all times.

    I have tried rebooting the computer twice, but the app continues to take up system memory and CPU when sitting idle. I have had to switch to Outlook web for now.

    I am a US user in Texas.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T16:05:08+00:00

    I'm using the web app as a workaround, right now. Seems to be working fine. The performance problems appear to only be impacting the desktop client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T16:01:03+00:00

    I am having the same issue in the US.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T15:59:29+00:00

    This is also an issue in the US.

    I am experiencing it today

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T15:53:49+00:00

    I'm in North Carolina having the same issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments