Restart recommended We detected that your session has unusually high memory - New Outlook

Anonymous
2024-10-10T12:37:46+00:00

New outlook feels sluggish, after a few minutes and then after a minute or two a message popup "Restart recommended We detected that your session has unusually high memory". Restart and it works again for a few minutes. feels like a bug or memoryleak. After updates applied today. (Fully updates system)

Running classic outlook solves the problem, but just a heads up. If no one has a fix :)

1.2024.1002.100 (Production)
Klientversion is 20240927008.14.

WebView2-versionen er 129.0.2792.79.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-11T01:20:42+00:00

    Microsoft reported this as resolved and noted that the Outlook Client or App may need to be restarted. If in the browser, you may need to clear cache and cookies and refresh to resume normality.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T18:38:12+00:00

    Microsoft announced that the problem is fixed. Restart your Outlooks / refresh your browsers if you had had switched to browser based Outlooks like me during the day. It's been 10 minutes and no CPU/Memory spikes so far. I am using the "New Outlook" toggled ON

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T17:04:35+00:00

    Hello, Eleni (Microsoft Moderator),

    On behalf of people in the US, this is not just an issue that's happening in Europe but some users in the US are also experiencing crashes with Outlook and memory error messages.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T16:07:57+00:00

    I am having the same issue. The memory usage ticks up about 10MB + per second until it reaches about 7GB of RAM usage and then freezes (I have 128 GB of RAM). The process is also using 25% of my CPU (Intel i9 w/ 8 cores) at all times.

    I have tried rebooting the computer twice, but the app continues to take up system memory and CPU when sitting idle. I have had to switch to Outlook web for now.

    I am a US user in Texas.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T15:41:11+00:00

    Not just Europe it seems as I have 3 users reporting this in USA.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments