Using the New Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
it worked!!! tysm!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello, I am not sure what caused this change recently, but suddenly I cannot adjust the size of my Outlook email window on my Apple MacBook Pro screen. For example, I like to have Outlook and Teams open at the same time, and usually shrink them both so they are half width and I can have them side by side. Now, I can longer make the Outlook window slimmer from the left or right. It can only stay full screen width. I can make it shorter from the bottom, still. But that is not what I want. Does anyone know why this suddenly changed, or how to fix it? I have done all the things like quit the app and reload, and restart my whole computer. Thank you.
Using the New Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
it worked!!! tysm!
Same issue on my Macbook Pro. No changes to settings - started a couple of days ago.
I reset the toolbar, which fixed the issue (as another poster suggested).
I didn't really want to reset my toolbar, but I tried it because it was a quicker fix than switching to legacy Outlook and back. It didn't work fully. It allowed me to shrink Outlook a bit more than before, but not as much as I need.
This worked on a couple of Macs for me: On your Toolbar - choose the 3 dots and choose Customise Toolbar - select Reset Toolbar.
The main Outlook window should now be resizeable and you can add tools back in as needed.
Wayne, your solution of resetting the toolbar worked so now I can change width of Outlook for Mac. It seems that I can only shrink the width of the app to the size of the toolbar as I have customized it. The more items I remove from the toolbar, the smaller width I can make Outlook. Odd, but workable.