Outlook window on Mac will not let me "shrink" or re-size horizontally (can't make window less wide)

Anonymous
2024-06-13T14:43:58+00:00

Hello, I am not sure what caused this change recently, but suddenly I cannot adjust the size of my Outlook email window on my Apple MacBook Pro screen. For example, I like to have Outlook and Teams open at the same time, and usually shrink them both so they are half width and I can have them side by side. Now, I can longer make the Outlook window slimmer from the left or right. It can only stay full screen width. I can make it shorter from the bottom, still. But that is not what I want. Does anyone know why this suddenly changed, or how to fix it? I have done all the things like quit the app and reload, and restart my whole computer. Thank you.

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-17T16:13:49+00:00

    Yes this is exactly my issue! The quick fix from the Microsoft person to "Use macOS Split View: If Outlook is not allowing manual resizing, you can use the macOS Split View feature to have Outlook and Teams side by side. To enter Split View, hold down the 'full-screen' button in the upper-left corner of a window, then choose which side of the screen you want it on." solved my issue enough to make me happy again being able to have a split screen, but none of the other solutions fixed the actual issue of not being able to resize the screen manually if I want to. See the response above, maybe those other solutions will help you? Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-17T16:15:06+00:00

    I tried switching to legacy mode, too, but I do not like it at all. While it is my personal preference to not change to this version, it still did not fix my issue haha. The legacy version of Outlook still will not let me resize my own window. Glad it worked for you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-19T09:50:56+00:00

    I'm having the same issue this morning.

    It's causing me a bit of stress this morning trying to work with different windows open and outlook taking over the whole screen. Was working fine yesterday.

    Outlook on Mac: Version 16.87 (24061711)

    teams Version 24137.2012.2930.9819 (24137.2012.2930.9819)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-19T15:48:08+00:00

    exact same issue here. made zero changes or updates and it just started happening.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-19T20:03:37+00:00

    Hi,

    I had the same problem on my MacBook Pro. Outlook was fine until it wasn't. I don't know what changed, but last week, I started noticing the same issue as you described; I couldn't resize my Outlook window small enough to fit my screen, and switching to a full-screen view didn't fix it.

    After reading the replies from others with the problem (the administrator's responses did not work for me), I switched to legacy mode and then switched back to the updated version to find that the new Outlook was fitting to my screen again. I wouldn't call this a fix, but it seemed to be the only way to reset things.

    No idea if that will work for you, but I'm taking the win for now!

    Cheers,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments