Using the New Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
exact same issue here. made zero changes or updates and it just started happening.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello, I am not sure what caused this change recently, but suddenly I cannot adjust the size of my Outlook email window on my Apple MacBook Pro screen. For example, I like to have Outlook and Teams open at the same time, and usually shrink them both so they are half width and I can have them side by side. Now, I can longer make the Outlook window slimmer from the left or right. It can only stay full screen width. I can make it shorter from the bottom, still. But that is not what I want. Does anyone know why this suddenly changed, or how to fix it? I have done all the things like quit the app and reload, and restart my whole computer. Thank you.
Using the New Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
exact same issue here. made zero changes or updates and it just started happening.
I'm having the same issue this morning.
It's causing me a bit of stress this morning trying to work with different windows open and outlook taking over the whole screen. Was working fine yesterday.
Outlook on Mac: Version 16.87 (24061711)
teams Version 24137.2012.2930.9819 (24137.2012.2930.9819)
I tried switching to legacy mode, too, but I do not like it at all. While it is my personal preference to not change to this version, it still did not fix my issue haha. The legacy version of Outlook still will not let me resize my own window. Glad it worked for you!
Yes this is exactly my issue! The quick fix from the Microsoft person to "Use macOS Split View: If Outlook is not allowing manual resizing, you can use the macOS Split View feature to have Outlook and Teams side by side. To enter Split View, hold down the 'full-screen' button in the upper-left corner of a window, then choose which side of the screen you want it on." solved my issue enough to make me happy again being able to have a split screen, but none of the other solutions fixed the actual issue of not being able to resize the screen manually if I want to. See the response above, maybe those other solutions will help you? Good luck!
Hello Feroz, thank you for your help! The second option your provided (to enter macOS split screen view) worked / gave a solution that makes me happy, but unfortunately none of the other options you provided solved the initial issues of not being able to resize the window still. I am content using the split screen view (which I did not know was a possibility!), but it's still odd that I can't resize the window manually, if I wanted to. My screen resolution settings have not changed are the same as they always were, and I don't see any accessibility setting issues. I am not sure what Safe Mode is so I do not want to try this...
To answer your questions:
Thank you!!