Outlook window on Mac will not let me "shrink" or re-size horizontally (can't make window less wide)

Anonymous
2024-06-13T14:43:58+00:00

Hello, I am not sure what caused this change recently, but suddenly I cannot adjust the size of my Outlook email window on my Apple MacBook Pro screen. For example, I like to have Outlook and Teams open at the same time, and usually shrink them both so they are half width and I can have them side by side. Now, I can longer make the Outlook window slimmer from the left or right. It can only stay full screen width. I can make it shorter from the bottom, still. But that is not what I want. Does anyone know why this suddenly changed, or how to fix it? I have done all the things like quit the app and reload, and restart my whole computer. Thank you.

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T16:37:02+00:00

    I have the same problem of not being able to resize horizontally. I can resize Outlook vertically, but the width is actually larger than my mac screen. I have to keep moving Outlook from left to right to see the full Outlook window. This is AWFUL.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T16:20:21+00:00

    My IT found a solution. Reset your outlook toolbar. This worked for me. Hope it works for you guys also.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T12:10:30+00:00

    I started experiencing the same problem yesterday on my 2024 16" MacBook Pro and on my Mac Studio. I asked my wife to check out the issue on her 2021 13" MacBook Pro and she's having the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-19T23:22:57+00:00

    Switching to legacy allowed me to size down, and then the smaller window size was retained when I switched back off legacy. I tested if I would be able to resize properly after switching on/off legacy, and the bug persists—I still can't get Outlook to a smaller width, only wider. It's good to know that there's a workaround, but it's a poor workaround that requires making settings changes and restarting the app twice... especially since my Outlook has spontaneously resized to the larger window multiple times, requiring me to do the workaround multiple times.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-19T20:03:37+00:00

    Hi,

    I had the same problem on my MacBook Pro. Outlook was fine until it wasn't. I don't know what changed, but last week, I started noticing the same issue as you described; I couldn't resize my Outlook window small enough to fit my screen, and switching to a full-screen view didn't fix it.

    After reading the replies from others with the problem (the administrator's responses did not work for me), I switched to legacy mode and then switched back to the updated version to find that the new Outlook was fitting to my screen again. I wouldn't call this a fix, but it seemed to be the only way to reset things.

    No idea if that will work for you, but I'm taking the win for now!

    Cheers,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments