Outlook window on Mac will not let me "shrink" or re-size horizontally (can't make window less wide)

Anonymous
2024-06-13T14:43:58+00:00

Hello, I am not sure what caused this change recently, but suddenly I cannot adjust the size of my Outlook email window on my Apple MacBook Pro screen. For example, I like to have Outlook and Teams open at the same time, and usually shrink them both so they are half width and I can have them side by side. Now, I can longer make the Outlook window slimmer from the left or right. It can only stay full screen width. I can make it shorter from the bottom, still. But that is not what I want. Does anyone know why this suddenly changed, or how to fix it? I have done all the things like quit the app and reload, and restart my whole computer. Thank you.

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-21T09:04:35+00:00

    This worked on a couple of Macs for me: On your Toolbar - choose the 3 dots and choose Customise Toolbar - select Reset Toolbar.

    The main Outlook window should now be resizeable and you can add tools back in as needed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-21T00:22:36+00:00

    I didn't really want to reset my toolbar, but I tried it because it was a quicker fix than switching to legacy Outlook and back. It didn't work fully. It allowed me to shrink Outlook a bit more than before, but not as much as I need.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T23:32:37+00:00

    Same issue on my Macbook Pro. No changes to settings - started a couple of days ago.

    I reset the toolbar, which fixed the issue (as another poster suggested).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T19:35:00+00:00

    it worked!!! tysm!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T16:39:11+00:00

    Thank you! This worked for me as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments